Our ‘OIS Forensics’ team provides assistance to lawyers on matters that require accounting expertise, by preparing independent expert’s reports and testifying at trial.
Our aim is to present our opinions in a form which is supportable at law and which can be sensibly integrated into the overall case presentation.
We are also committed to producing reports in a user-friendly format for readers who do not have an accounting background.
The services provided by our OIS Forensics team include:
- assistance in the discovery process regarding financial and accounting issues;
- particularising losses and preparation of expert reports for:
- negligence and other torts
- breach of contract
- misrepresentation and claims under the Competition and Consumer Act
- share and business valuations
- matrimonial disputes
- product liability claims
- wrongful dismissal disputes
- partnership disputes
- directors’ breach of duty claims;
- workers’ compensation claim
- car accident and personal injury claims
- insolvency claims, including preparation of Insolvency Reports
- providing expert testimony; and
- investigating suspected financial fraud.